LinkedIn Twitter RSS Feed
Credit: Nikki Natrix

Thing 1 (No, Not a Dr. Seuss Reference)

Thing 1 is all about 23 Things, of course, the free online professional development course that one of my amazing former professors sent out.

So for this first Thing, I'm talking a bit about why I'm participating and what I hope to get out of this course. There are a few....um, things.

1) Get More Involved
I love the idea of being a part of an online community where we help each other grow professionally. Having just graduated, I'm shocked by how much I miss that interaction, and I hope this can help to keep 'plugged in.'

2) Try New Stuff
As a newly-minted librarian, I'm eager to get my feet wet, my hands dirty, and any other metaphors you can think of for tackling new tools and projects. I may have already done some of the Things on the list, but I think it's important to keep practicing, to find out what works for me, what doesn't, and how I can improve.

3) Revitalize My Blog
This has sadly fallen by the wayside during my studies, and I'm hoping 23 Things will provide plenty of grist for the mill in terms of my blogging presence. #1 should help too, as I'm slightly cheating and checking out everyone else's awesome blogs before my first post is done.

Those are the big three...hopefully I'll discover more reasons and rewards as I continue through this course!

Please feel free to ping me; I'm happy to talk!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your enthusiasm is infectious!

Cobalt said...

Thanks! It's great to (virtually) meet you, and I'm glad you've enjoyed my rambles. Your comment made my day - there's nothing like that first-comment feeling. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm a newly-minted librarian too! I've been at my job almost a year and have my MLS almost a year. :) I'm hoping 23 Things can keep my learning drive going since I'm not in school anymore. Check out my blog at http://curbservice.wordpress.com/.

Deanne

Post a Comment