LinkedIn Twitter RSS Feed
Credit: Nikki Natrix

Of Wands and Weariness

So my technology class professor vaguely resembles Hagrid. And then he made a Harry Potter reference later in the lecture, which was perfect (about how the 'magic' of the Internet is lost once you know the mechanics -- no more "swish and flick," kiddos!). He seems extremely knowledgeable, engaging, and understanding, which is great. Not so great: giving us a quiz at the start of the first class that revealed the full breadth and depth of my computer/programming ignorace. Crapmonkeys.

The cataloging class this morning was another instance of Great Professor, But Oh God Look At That Syllabus. I had several moments earlier in the day where I've been hyperventilating over the sheer amount of work to be done, filling my poor little calendar with assignments and presentations...and I still haven't absorbed the total weight of all the courses combined, yet.

And I refuse to, at this moment. It's Friday.

Now I need to rush to the library to return some books before closing time -- if a GSLIS student holds a book overdue, are they banished from the program?

0 comments:

Post a Comment